- We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (i.e., personal and business addresses, e-mail address, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles)
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (i.e., education, designations, specialties and general demographic data)
- We use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as RISMedia’s Real Estate magazine online and in print
- Compile our annual Power Broker Survey & Report
- Notify you of relevant products and services
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware
- Track usage of our sites
- RISMedia does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses with any unauthorized partners of RISMedia, but may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by RISMedia for the purposes described in Part 4 of this policy.
- We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
- Exhibitors at RISMedia’s Leadership Conference trade show for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after trade shows, through marketing vehicles approved by RISMedia.
- Our Annual Power Broker Survey and Report: By participating in the survey the participant agrees that in return for recognition of their ranking, the information provided will be made available in print, online and for purchase as part of our Annual Power Broker Report. RISMedia is not responsible for how said information is used by purchasers of the report. We do encourage purchasers to offer participants a way to Opt-Out of their solicitations.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
- To offer subscribers participation or enrollment in value-added, complimentary partner offerings.
- Credit card information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, registrations or other services via RISMedia’s Web site will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
- We use a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may opt out of our Daily e-News by selecting the unsubscribe feature at the bottom of the Daily e-News e-mail or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- If you would like us to delete your information in its entirety you can submit a request through any of our products or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your information from our databases.
- All content submitted to RISMedia for publication is considered proprietary to RISMedia and may be used in any of its products and services, including but not limited to RISMedia’s websites, e-newsletters, content licensing or membership-based network platforms including RISMedia’s Real Estate Information Network® (RREIN), Top 5 in Real Estate Network, RISMedia’s Housecall and REsource Real Estate Content Solutions.At any time, RISMedia may store, resize, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, transfer, access or remove submitted content for any purpose that RISMedia considers necessary, in its sole discretion. Those submitting content will be solely responsible for providing accurate information and guaranteeing RISMedia’s use of content will not infringe on any third party rights. RISMedia will not provide compensation for submitted content. RISMedia may use the content as necessary, in the opinion of RISMedia, for the promotion of its websites and services.
- All content published on RISMedia.com is property of and copyrighted to RISMedia, Inc. and the Relocation Information Service, Inc. and may not be used in any way or reprinted without the expressed written permission from RISMedia. Any unauthorized use of content published on RISMedia.com will be subject to prosecution and the user will be liable for any damages that occur as a result. Unauthorized use of the RISMedia.com website, content, or our systems, including, but not limited to, unauthorized entry into our systems, misuse of passwords or misuse of any other information, is strictly prohibited. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the website is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized persons attempting to access these areas of the website may be subject to prosecution. You may not use the website or the content in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any RISMedia website or service or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website or the content. You shall not introduce, nor permit any person to introduce into the website or content, any code or malicious or hidden mechanisms that would impair the operation of the website or content, or of cur computers, networks, or other devices or software. We reserve the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and specifically disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other websites linked to our website.
- RISMedia allows comments on RISMedia, Inc.-owned websites, in accordance with the company’s Comments Policy:
- RISMedia does not allow comments that contain profanity, or abusive, offensive or threatening words, including those directed at an individual party/person and/or other commenters.
- Comments deemed spam, or otherwise promotional, may be removed at RISMedia’s discretion. This includes comments containing links/URLs.
- RISMedia reserves the right to remove any comment, for any reason, at any time, without notice.
RISMedia is committed to providing an accessible website. If you have difficulty accessing content, viewing a file on the website, or notice any accessibility problems, please contact RISMedia to specify the nature of the accessibility issue. RISMedia will strive to provide the content you need in the format you require. RISMedia welcomes your suggestions and comments about improving ongoing efforts to increase the accessibility of this website.
Web Accessibility Help
There are actions you can take to adjust your web browser to make your web experience more accessible.
I am blind or can’t see very well
If you have trouble seeing web pages, the U.S. Social Security Administration offers these tips for optimizing your computer and browser to improve your online experience:
- Use your computer to read web pages out loud
- Use the keyboard to navigate screens
- Increase text size
- Magnify your screen
- Change background and text colors
- Make your mouse pointer more visible (Windows only)
I find a keyboard or mouse hard to use
If you find a keyboard or mouse difficult to use, speech recognition software such as Dragon® NaturallySpeaking may help you navigate web pages and online services. This software allows the user to move focus around a web page or application screen through voice controls.
I am deaf or hard of hearing
RISMedia is working on providing several accessibility features for you, including:
A text transcript is a text equivalent of audio information that includes spoken words and non-spoken sounds such as sound effects. RISMedia is working on adding transcripts to all scripted video and audio content.
A caption is a transcript from the audio track of a video presentation that is synchronized with the video and audio tracks. Captions are generally rendered visually by being superimposed over the video, which benefits people who are deaf and hard of hearing, and anyone who cannot hear the audio (e.g., when in a crowded room). RISMedia is working on adding captioning to all scripted video and audio content.
- Volume controls
Your computer, tablet, or mobile device has volume control features. Each video and audio service has its own additional volume controls. Try adjusting both of your device’s volume controls and your media players’ volume controls to optimize your listening experience.