Are you wondering how to break through your own glass ceiling and make this your best year yet?
Here are 3 tips to help you be at the top of your game:
1. Cultivate a positive mindset, no matter what
Did you know that your success depends on your mindset, not on the economy? Here are some things you can do that make sure that you are thinking positively.
• Focus on all the positive things in your life. Was your house warm when you woke up? Did your car start? Appreciating even the small things can change your entire outlook. Search for motivational resources that keep you uplifted.
• Don’t overwhelm yourself with the news. Remember, your clients don’t care if you are well-informed about world affairs or even national affairs, but they do want to know that you are well-informed about real estate in your community—so focus on that.
• Avoid toxic people. What does that mean? Be on guard for people who want to share their negativity with you. If you are caught in an elevator with a toxic person, say to yourself “that may be true to you, but it’s not true for me.”
2. Pump up your lead generation. This is a two-step process.
First, you need to release old self-limiting beliefs that stop you from picking up the phone, such as:
• “If I call people, I’m bothering them”
• “If I call people I might appear too salesy”
• “If I call people I might be rejected”
Second, you need to install updated empowered beliefs such as:
• “I have a valuable service to offer people and people are happy to hear from me”
• “There is no such thing as a rejection; it’s either a match for it’s not a match”
3. Clear your self-limiting beliefs:
The latest brain research shows that what you say consciously only accounts for 2 percent of your brain activity.
The other 98 percent is run by your subconscious mind, by beliefs that were installed in you at a younger age and may or may not be helping you now.
Here’s how you can check whether your mind is helping you or hurting you:
• Do you get caught up in unproductive patterns?
• Do you procrastinate?
• Is your income inconsistent?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then most likely you have counter intentions to your success.
Here are a few anti-success beliefs:
1. I have to be perfect to be okay.
2. I have to be hard on myself to succeed.
3. To succeed, I have to work long hard hours, struggle and sacrifice.
If any of these sound familiar to you, then you need to change them to pro-success beliefs, such as:
1. I am perfectly imperfect, just like everyone else.
2. I motivate myself in positive and encouraging way.
3. To succeed, I just need to work smarter not harder.
If you can focus on the positive, make lead generation a regular habit and clear away the beliefs that are holding you back, then nothing can stop you. Implement each of these tips into action and watch this year become your best year yet.
Dr. Maya Bailey, Multiple 6 Figure Income Business Coach for Real Estate Professionals, integrates her 20 years of experience as a psychologist with 15 years of expertise in marketing.
For more information, visit www.90daystomoreclients.com.